Thursday 24 October 2013

The end of Procrastination

OMG. I created this blog site a long time ago and apparently, I haven't written a single post. I hadn't forgotten about the blog but sh*t happens, right? That's the hand work of our very good friend called "Procrastination".

Procrastination is a thief of time and a good friend that I would love to hate. So from now, I denounce you as a friend . I hate you utterly. Be gone from my life and never ever ever ever ever return. Procrastination, I command you to die now by fire....LMAO. I wish it was that simple jare. Anyways, seriously speaking, a lot of us tend to put things off till the last minute. We even neglect things we love because we feel it is less important. To be sincere, we are so busy with work and life that we assume it is not the right time to do that "less important thing". Look at me for instance, I love to write, I used to draw (even had perfect scores in Fine arts while at secondary school) but this is the first thing I am writing for myself in 3 years (apart from the boring reports and memos of you know where...smh) and I haven't even sketched a pear or an apple in YEARS...pathethic right??

So why do we do it? We have 24 hours a day. 8 hours spent at work or something like that and lets not forget about 5 hours spent in traffic (Lagos life abi). There is nothing wrong with devoting at least 30 mins a day to yourself. Call it "Me time". Indulge in yourself. Spice up your life. Make yourself happy. You deserve it. So please don't put things off till tomorrow- tomorrow never ends.

From now, tell your self that you will do today what you NEED to do today. Have a to do list (this is much easier as a lot of us have Ipads and Smartphones), prioritize your daily tasks (both official and unofficial), find that spark that motivates you to complete projects (it could be anything but please stay away from coffee...lol), and so on and so forth. The power to beat procrastination lies in your mind. Once you identify the thief, deal with it anyway that suites you.

Don't spend your entire life building another person's dream!!!


Do it now

Helpful links:
Mindtools
Stop Procrastinating


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:48 am

    This is very very true....nice one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now dats my baby sista talking..#word #proudbigsis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:48 pm

    Informative article, totally what I wanted to find.


    Also visit my web blog; Christopher Diaz

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for reading the post. We would really appreciate your comments and views.