Saturday 22 February 2014

My favourites things: Number One

I woke up this morning with a melodious tune on my mind. It was the song "my favourite things" performed by Julie Andrews on The Sound of Music. Interesting movie. Wonderful song. The first verse goes like this:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens 
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Well, this is not a music blog so if you want the complete song lyrics, check here.

My favourite things. This song has given me the inspiration to start writing about some of my favourites. Yes, Diamonds are every woman's favourite. I love Chanel No. 5 parfum, Christian Louboutin shoes, Armani jeans, Louis Vuitton hand bags.......



Christian Louboutin Shoes

I will not write about these....YET!!!

Back to the matter, the first favourite thing I will write about is.......Indomie Instant Noodles. #lazymanfood.
Most flavours of Indomie instant noodles are quite nice. Although, I have neither cooked nor tasted Shrimp flavour sha. I was amazed when I came across the Shrimp flavour pack at an African shop. I can't even imagine what it tastes like. So please, if you have tried Shrimp flavoured Indomie instant noodles, please confirm if it tastes like Shrimp Indomie or Indomie Shrimp..lol. Also, I don't know what Indofood was thinking when they released Jollof flavour, urghhhh. The Onion chicken flavour remains my favourite. Any time. Any day. It is deliciously awesome and thanks to the seasoning oil that comes with, a really sinister cook may be pardoned!!!

My favourite pack
Do you know how many lives, homes and marriages Indomie has saved? The brand has touched lives and mine is not an exception. Remember those days when office work would never end and when it does end, you arrive home with a rumble in your tummy because the massive lunch you had during the day had expired. You are exhausted. Its late. Need I say more????

I still remember the very first time we attempted to make Indomie at home. This was sometime in the 90s and we received it as a souvenir from a birthday party. This was the time when eating Indomie noodles, Maggi 2 minute noodles or spaghetti meant you were tush and sophisticated. Anyway, we excitedly followed the instructions and made our first Indomie noodles. OMG. It was a disastrous kitchen practical. It was more like a bland noodle water soup. I did not eat Indomie again for about 2 years.

I got better with time...lol
I know someone that can live on Indomie, morning, afternoon and night (she knows herself). There are also some people who will conclude you are lazy and can't cook because you like cooking Indomie. Well, one man's food is another man's poison. Besides, does the plate of Indomie above look like what was cooked by a lazy person? Lol.

No time. Thank you Indofood!!!!

This is just one of my favourite things.

3 comments:

  1. interesting...you got me addicted to your blogging style..but who is this person that can eat indomie morning , afternoon and nite abeg..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 pm

    Indomitable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for reading the post. We would really appreciate your comments and views.